Welcome to WordsWorth. The publishing world has changed fundamentally since digital has come along. Like most independent publishers, WordsWorth does not pay royalties in advance. The Author pays an upfront fee to cover basic costs of production. In return, WordsWorth provides the following basic services:
- Professional proofreading, graphic design, book production and printing.
- ISBN and bar code
- Copyright registration
- Library of Congress catalog number
- List of regional bookstores, a letter of introduction, and a personal contact from WordsWorth the author can use for marketing
- Inclusion in WordsWorth’s website and catalog.
- Author’s book is made available through Ingram Book Group, a distribution company serving over 39,000 retailers, libraries, schools, internet commerce companies including Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Chapters/Indigo (Canada).
- The Author may purchase books at discount from the retail price. These books become the Author’s inventory and can be sold at full price by the Author.
- Royalties are generous for the publishing industry: 25% of net revenue (net = sales minus printing, shipping, and fees).
Once we accept your book for publication, we work closely with you throughout the rest of the publishing process. We will review the terms of our contract with you. A professional proofreader will clean up your manuscript and you will review all the suggested changes. We will develop and implement our basic marketing services for sales and distribution. After the book is edited, we design and format the book and it’s cover. You will be able to approve the page proofs before they go to print. Printing and distribution are managed entirely by WordsWorth and you will know where your book is at every stage of the process.
From the time you sign your contract, you should be preparing to help market and promote your book.
Marketing and Publicity Services
Publishing with WordsWorth is a fully customizable experience, tailored to fit your goals and your budget. The major steps in the publishing process are: editing, design, printing, marketing, and book fulfillment. WordsWorth publishes only books we believe in and want to help you reach as many readers as possible. To ensure that, we offer the following marketing services:
As long as your book remains in print, the following basic services are provided at no cost to Author:
- Coordination and fulfillment of all media, bookstore, and library requests
- Inclusion in WordsWorth online catalog
- Distribution through Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Ingram
- Activity report and royalty payments in January and July
Additional Marketing Services Available: First tier activities:
Duration of service is six (6) months from date of agreement. First tier is the creation of a marketing plan that covers the following activities:
- Professionally written press release and media kit about your book. Media kit includes author bio and photo, book synopsis, reviews (if available), preview of first chapter in PDF format.
- Delivery of your press release and media kit to regional media contacts.
- Develop and host an author webpage on WordsWorth’s website.
- Provide campaign end report.
Additional Marketing Services Available: Second tier activities:
Duration of service is twelve (12) months from date of agreement. Second tier is the creation of a marketing plan that includes all of the First tier activities plus the following:
- Arrange book signings, personal appearances and library tours within a specified region.
- Design and print a table tent and up to 50 posters and bookmarks.
- Provide publisher’s letter introducing your book to be mailed with advance copies to bookstores and reviewers (shipping costs are additional).
- Personal, customized email pitches sent to bookstores, reviewers, and other media contacts.
- Develop a basic author’s website (domain and hosting fees are additional).